Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Too Little Too Late

Rain, rain, and more rain.  We have received approximately 10 inches of rain since yesterday and there is more to come.  We are having flash floods but fortunately we are high enough that won't be a problem for us. 

Mike got tear duct plugs today.  Hope they are as comfortable for him as mine have been.  I don't notice them at all but they do seem to be giving me some dry eye relief.  I recommend trying them if you suffer from dry eyes.

School started yesterday and so far the girls have reported things are going as expected.  Four-year olds can't social distance.  No surprise there.  Fortunately she has a small class.

Kindergarten is doing well with wearing masks.  You'd think adults could do the same.  Only issue is that they get pretty grubby by the end of the day.  

Ron and I are now moving on with our projects and we are going to make a puppet theater out of the PVC pipe we have left.  I saw a video on facebook and I believe it will be pretty easy.  I'll make some curtains for it and a bag to put the pieces in when it's broken down.  This should be fun to make. 

Today our Governor addressed the state and stressed the need for the 3 W's.  Wear masks, wash hands, watch distance...  Basically what the CDC has recommended since February but our illustrious leader is just now recommending.  This is after the proudly went out to eat with his family and didn't wear a mask.  Since then he contracted Covid but still wouldn't tell people to wear masks.  But now that he wants schools open he's finally telling adults to wear them and to do anything to reduce the spread of the virus.  Hope it's not too little too late.

We are one month closer to November 3rd.  I don't know if I'm anxious or not.  I know I won't predict anything....we know what happened last time.


 

2 comments:

Olga said...

A puppet theater sounds like fun. When I was a library volunteer I helped costume puppets, which would have been more fun if the librarian wasn't so fussy about even the smallest detail that kids wouldn't notice. But it made for some good stories.

Florence said...

I was so uplifted by the Democratic Convention. I couldn’t bear to watch the RNC so I just avoided it. I am moderately hopeful about the election but cannot get past the fact that so many of my fellow citizens will vote for the current horror. Incredible.