Monday, September 21, 2020

I'm Sad

What the hell happened to America?  Where is the America I knew as a child?  Hell, where is the America that responded to 9/11 or the Okla. City bombing?  I have never felt so sad or disappointed in my life.  People arguing over mask wearing or how many are reported to have died from Covid.  My friend sent me a message informing me that hospitals are getting paid an additional $38,000 for every Covid death. Therefore they are forging the data for money.  Her information was partially true.  Not the conspiracy part but the payment.  Medicare pays an additional $38,000 for patients with respiratory illness that require a ventilator.  This is to help cover the additional cost of caring for a patient on a ventilator.  Doesn't come close to covering it all.  They pay on a system of medical coding.  There is no code for Covid.   But my biggest question is why do people want to believe there is a WORLD WIDE conspiracy about a virus?  The argument that people with prior health issues didn't die from Covid but their prior condition. Well to me that's like saying a person with terminal cancer who gets hit by a semi on his way home from the doctor died from cancer not injuries sustained in the accident...


5 comments:

Olga said...

Far too many people are far too easily swayed by the information that agrees with their world view and don't take the time or make the effort to consider the source or dig for the facts. That leaves an awful lot of people vulnerable to manipulation.

Plynjyn said...

Yesterday I was in line at 2 stores and encountered a person in each line not wearing a mask. The guy ahead of me was laughing and just chatting up a storm with the clerks, so I stayed more than 6 feet away from him and prayed his spittle was moving out the door with him. I was unable, however, to get 6 feet away from a woman who insisted on placing her items right behind mine and could not have gotten closer to me. I questioned the clerks in both stores why these dangerous people were allowed in when there were signs on the doors of both stores requiring masks. I was told they are not allowed to say anything but I could. They said these law breakers get upset if confronted. I am still fuming today that nothing was done in either store and that I was exposed through no fault of my own to selfish shoppers with attitudes and taking the health of others as disposable as we hit 27 states whose cases have increased and over 200,000 deaths.

Olga said...

It is a sad time. I am in mourning for RBG. It just keeps getting sadder.

oklhdan said...

Unfortunately I realize I'm not alone in my sadness. I hope and pray that there are better days ahead and all we can do is attempt to keep ourselves safe. It appears it is an every man for himself but I refuse to go along with that. I will continue to try to keep my neighbor safe as I will myself. Stay well lovely ladies!

Florence said...

You ask, “ What the hell happened to America? Where is the America I knew as a child?”
Answer (IMHO): Republicans.