Sunday, September 6, 2020

No more haircuts Democrats

 Well, we installed Mike's Alexa and Ron only had to make one trip over to his condo to reset it.  Seems Mike was calling her Alicia instead of Alexa and couldn't get her to play his requested music.  I told him she's like any woman, she doesn't like being called by an old girlfriend's name.  Oh well, he may or may not ever get the hang of using Alexa.

I can't help wonder why conservatives are more mad about Pelosi getting a haircut than they are about Trump calling deceased soldiers losers and suckers.  Their priorities astound me. I wish Pelosi had used better judgment by at least wearing a mask.  I make no excuses for her in that regard.  But please Dems don't give them anything else to nit pick.  Not now!

I've been trying not to think about Mike's upcoming cat scan and what we may discover.  I just can't think past today.  We will just have to figure things out as we go.  My biggest concern is how he will handle surgery and of course how he will react to any news about cancer and follow-up treatment.  If I let myself think about it too long I just get overwhelmed.  Everything has been a day-at-a-time situation with him.  Never knowing if we have reached the end of his being able to live in the condo.  I just can't let myself even consider the idea of having him live with us because he would consume us alive.  He practically does that now.  The only break we get from him is after he goes to bed.  That's of course if he has had a good day.  Then we have our own time after 8pm.  Unfortunately by then I'm ready to call it a day myself.

No one knows what being a caregiver entails unless you've done it.


2 comments:

Olga said...

I was caretaker for my mother when she started having dementia and I cannot even begin to comprehend how you have carried on for years now.
I think Ron must be a blessing in your life but take care of yourself as well.

Plynjyn said...

I marvel constantly at your devotion and innovative ways to support your brother Mike. I will pray for you and your husband’s continued good health and energy reserves. I hope more cool aid drinkers were disturbed by Cheato’s disdain for the military and will vote for Democrats to save our democracy.