Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Count Down Covid

Well this hen has checked in with all her chicks and daughter #1's covid test result was negative "viral load too low for detection, retest in 3 days".  So she is still at home and still has no sense of smell or taste.  She also woke this morning with a headache.  There are so many darn symptoms of covid that are the same as allergies, colds, etc. I don't know how anyone can tell what they have.

Daughter #2 won't get tested until this afternoon.  Her assistant is still awaiting the results of her test.  So the wait continues.

As long as I'm busy doing something I control my anxiety.  So yesterday I went to Mike's condo and painted his outside trim and front door.  I only got one coat on so I'm going to finish up on Thursday.

I started painting Christmas rocks now. So far I have a Santa and a snowman.  I only have 2 rocks left out of the 34 pounds of rocks Ron got for me.  I have rocks stuffed in places all over the house....If we have to isolate another year I'll have enough to build my own "border" wall!

I have to say that in spite of everything I am one lucky lady.  I was blessed with two wonderful parents.  One I lost too soon but was fortunate to have my mother live to 91.  In spite of losing my dad too soon I've always felt his presence.  I constantly feel both of them with me even now.  I consider that a huge blessing.

I'm blessed with a wonderful husband.  Anyone willing to share in the care of a disabled relative is a special person.  He does this while protecting my brother's dignity and I'm enormously grateful.  I couldn't continue his care without Ron's help.

I have been blessed with wonderful daughters whom I could not be more proud.  Watching my daughter overcome her own disability to become an outstanding educator has been more than just inspiring.  There were so many times I wouldn't have blamed her if she had just given up.  I'm proud of the devotion my girls have for each other.  They have always fussed like sisters do but in the end they always have each other's back!  It has made me envious at times because I don't have a sister.  It would have been nice!

Well, I must have run out of good luck.  Ellie just ran in with mud all over her and there went my clean floors!  Well a bath for her and a mop for me!

 

2 comments:

Plynjyn said...

Dani - you are one special lady who deserves every blessing you mentioned and more. Saying prayers for good news from your other daughter’s test.

oklhdan said...

Well thank you! I just need to stop every now and then and count my blessings of which I have many!