Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Well, the surgery is scheduled for the 7th of April a week from tomorrow.  They said they could do it Tuesday but Ron wasn't ready for that.  He needs to get himself mentally prepared first and I understand that.  


I think his doctor is a good surgeon but his patient skills are lacking.  Since Ron has confidence in him I feel like I need to keep my concerns to myself.  The biggest concern about the surgery (according to the doctor) is that because the cancer is on the aortic artery they may have to remove a section of the artery and there is a real risk that Ron could bleed to death on the table.  They have a vascular surgeon assisting but he's older than dirt and I'm not that thrilled that he's the one assisting.  The doctor said this could be a 3 hour surgery or it could be 12.  Won't know until they get started.


Sooooooo here we go!  Ron's getting a little agitated so I know he's nervous.  Rightfully so. 

3 comments:

kenju said...

All I can do is pray and hope for the best.

Arkansas Patti said...

He has a right to be nervous. I will pray all the harder for a successful surgery and for less anxiety leading up to it for you both.

marciamayo said...

I think a surgeon with bad social skills is a good thing. That means he's really really good at the surgery part. Will be thinking a praying for both of you.