Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The visit to the urologist didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked.  First of all we were greeted by the PA instead of the doctor who immediately told us it was above his area of expertise and that we would have to see the doctor.  Duhhhh, thought that was why we were there!  He then said we would have to be worked in and that would probably be an hour to hour 1/2.   Ron just took the opportunity to take a nap on the exam table and I sat quietly fuming. Then when the doctor finally came in he had no idea why we were there.  Then he had no idea what kind of surgery Ron had a year ago.....he thought his kidney was removed laporascopically.  I reminded him "football size tumor"........ring a bell?  Ahhhh the light begins to flicker.  We left with the following information.  Surgery, (not scheduled but expect it in about 2 weeks).  

I have to be so careful not to let me my mouth overload my good sense.  Ron likes this doctor but I have some real concerns.  It is hard to know just how much to express them.  I guess I really can't.

5 comments:

kenju said...

I would. You need to be heard - even if it doesn't change things.

betty said...

Yes, you really can. Make a list of your questions and concerns and take them with you to the next visit. If the doctor doesn't want to discuss them, maybe you need (or, Ron needs) a new doctor.

marciamayo said...

I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut now that I'm older. I'm glad you did.

Arkansas Patti said...

Boy, I would be thinking of a new doctor. Thank goodness you were there. Might want to do some checking up on him. He may just be an absent minded genius but I would want to be sure he is not just addled brained.

Unknown said...

Always a tough call when to put in your two cents worth, but then again someone has to do it.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick