Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Now, I'm ready to plan something fun...........a wedding!  I'm anxious to get this show on the road.  I would like to get married BEFORE all the surgeries start which I know will be soon but that may not be practical.  Maybe we can do it as soon as the ole boy is able to stand up unassisted? Ha...just kidding.  I'll be patient and let him at least get his stitches out before hauling him to the alter.  Maybe a wedding is something we can plan while he is convalescing.  I'm one step ahead as I have already purchased a dress.  It is royal blue, not a color I would normally select but it is Ron's favorite color and I like the dress.  I have to have it shortened but that's about the only alteration required. I want something for us to look forward to and to keep our minds focused on something positive.  We can plan where we would like to go on a honeymoon as soon as he is strong enough and feeling good.  I'm sure we will head straight to Durham, North Carolina to see his daughter, especially if they are unable to attend the wedding.  So, we can plan the rest of the trip around that visit.  Much to be excited about!

6 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

My first thought is just "do it" but the idea to plan while convalescing is probably smart.

kenju said...

I hope you will let me know when you will be in Durham!

oklhdan said...

I absolutely will let you know Judy!

Olga said...

Honestly, you are part energizer bunny...just keep going and going.
This is very exciting. Best wishes.

Unknown said...

DO IT ASAP!
We waited and ended up getting married in the hospital 5 days before he died. He had terminal cancer and we knew he had a year, so we planned a wedding for three months in, but he didn't make it.
DO IT NOW!!! Don't waste time.
PS - I won't be offended if you decided to delete this comment.
Good luck.

oklhdan said...

Thank you Chaney...that's what I want to do. I hope Ron will agree. I'm sorry for your loss! I know how hard that must have been.