Monday, March 7, 2011

I'll be so glad when we close on Ron's house.  The closing is set for the 14th but there have been so many odds and ends to take care of we have spent every weekend on the house.  I'm ready to just have it over with so we can spend some time at home relaxing.

Mike's condition is so complicated.  He has one good day followed by a "crazy" day.  There is no consistency what-so-ever.  He is more and more dependent upon me and that is exhausting.  On Friday we picked him up and took him out to dinner.  I realized the moment we got him in the car that he wasn't all there.  His eyes were bugged wide open and he had that wild eyed look in his eyes.  He behaved fine but kept asking me if he was acting alright.  By the time we got him home he said he wanted to go to the hospital.  The first thing I did was check his med. planner and sure enough he had missed his 4:00 medication.  Since it was within the guide-line to give it to him I had him take it.  We waited about an hour and he began to sound more coherent but I had him go home with us to make sure he was OK.  He had started obsessively thinking about an event that took place in 1968 when somone jumped off the towers "dormitory" at the university.  He spends about as much time at my house as he does in his.  We pretty much kept him with us all weekend.  I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. 

I can tell that Ron's patience with Mike is thinning.  We never have any time alone.  If Mike's not with us he is calling us.  To me he is like a 9 year old boy but to Ron he's a grown man who should act like one.  This is hard!  But, I can only deal with one problem at a time and right now it is getting Ron out of his home and settled into "our" home.  Then we start chemotherapy.  I realize that at some point I have to find a better arrangement for Mike but right now I don't have the energy or time to invest in the search or in convincing my brother that it is the best situation for him.

OK.......I've vented enough.  Time for work.

2 comments:

marciamayo said...

One day at a time. One problem at a time. I'm sure you can't do either of those but it's worth a try.

Arkansas Patti said...

Bless you child, what marcia said is probably the only thing that will work right now.