Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Sun Is Shining

The sun is shining and I'm feeling much better today.  The hearing was held yesterday morning and Mike was cooperative and there were no outbursts.  The judge talked to him and Mike agreed to go to the hospital and was taken straight to the hospital from the hearing.  I can finally relax knowing that he is now in the least restrictive environment possible and receiving the treatment he needs.  

I am beginning to see the silver lining in all of this.  I have realized that I can't take care of my brother alone.  I am glad that we are now receiving outside help not just for him but for all of us.  (This is bigger than we are) We also received a diagnosis of Schizoaffective bipolar disorder.  That is the most definitive diagnosis we have ever received.  All these years we thought it was schizophrenia alone but it is a combination of schizophrenia and bipolar which explains so much.
But.....most of all I am grateful he is getting the attention he needs.  I can breathe!

Thank goodness everything went well yesterday!

2 comments:

kenju said...

That is such good news - for all of you. I hope it continues to go well.

Arkansas Patti said...

Perhaps with the new diagnosis, they can get him the meds he needs.
Hoping for the best.