Thursday, November 4, 2010

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Last night Ron and I were on a quest.  We went in search of a CD by the late Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.  Yesterday I heard his song "Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World".  I had heard it before and it is beautiful!  I'm happy to report I found it on Amazon and it is on its way as we speak!  I haven't told Ron I found it so it may just be an early Christmas surprise!

A fun memory I have is of my mother.  When she was in the hospital I would sit by her bed and sing songs.  She was so hard of hearing she really couldn't listen to the tv but she could hear me if I sang in her ear.  We would sing all kinds of songs but one that I really love is "What A Wonderful World".  I memorized the words so I could sing it to her.  Evidently I wore out the song's welcome as one night she tactfully asked me not to sing it anymore.  I don't know if she was tired of the song or just my rendition of it.  I still get tickled when I remember that.


Ron has Veteran's Day off so I arranged to be off as well.  I wish it were on a Friday so we could have a long weekend and maybe take a short trip but it will be great to have the day.  There are so many things we are wanting to do but time is the enemy.  Ron says we are just putting the icing on our cake!  I like that!  It's a fantastic cake!

I wish everyone could remember to live in the moment!

2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Ok, never heard of Israel Kamakawiwo'ole but will check it out at Amazon.
Living in the moment is what we should all do regardless of circumstances. Way to go, enjoy that icing.

kenju said...

I love his analogy!