Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm learning something new every day.  It's amazing how you figure out what your priorities are when you know that your time with someone may be short.  Yet, shouldn't we be able to realize that we only have a finite number of days with each other without a doctor telling us?  Ron and I are closer than we have ever been and I have always thought we were very close.  We have always told each other we love one another every day.  He shows his affection in so many ways.  In the 10 years we've been together I have never opened a door for myself.  He has always taken my hand when we walk and always positions himself on the outside to make sure I am protected from harm.  He is a gentleman through and through.  I have never heard him say a curse word (wish I could say the same about myself).  There are not enough hours in the day for me to tell him how he has touched my life.  I can close my eyes and still see the 6 year old little boy I met in first grade, just as shy and just as sweet.

It's all the little things that make you appreciate someone and how they show their love for you.  I was divorced at the age of 28 and never remarried.  I was so accustomed to doing everything for myself.  I never imagined having someone come along at the age of 51 who would spoil me to death and that I would actually allow him to do it.  Now, I can't imagine life without him and would give anything to never find out. 

Everly Brothers said it so well.......

         Devoted to You
Darlin’ you can count on me
Till the sun dries up the sea
Until then I’ll always be devoted to you

I’ll be yours through endless time
I’ll adore your charms sublime
Guess by now you know that I’m devoted to you

I’ll never hurt you, I’ll never lie
I’ll never be untrue
I’ll never give you reason to cry
I’d be unhappy if you were blue

Through the years my love will grow
Like a river it will flow
It can’t die because I’m so devoted to you

I’ll never hurt you, I’ll never lie
I’ll never be untrue
I’ll never give you reason to cry
I’d be unhappy if you were blue

Through the years my love will grow
Like a river it will flow
It can’t die because I’m so devoted to you

3 comments:

marciamayo said...

You are finding the lesson in the gift here.

kenju said...

Marcia is right. I do hope that you let me read this. He should know what you are sharing here. Your relationship is rare.

Board certified Doc said...

May your Relationship last forever, Both of you continue to enjoy the life as it comes.