Monday, March 11, 2019

Sometimes there is just too much shared information

I don't know if you would call it denial or what but I don't want to hear every cancer story or about someone's aunt Lizzy who had stage 4 lung cancer or where someone's uncle went for treatment.  I'm barely able to think from one moment to the next and feel pretty good that I've already picked an oncologist at all.  I haven't even gotten confirmation as to what type of cancer I have and really don't want my imagination taking me to places I have no business visiting.  It seems everyone wants to tell me where I need to go or that I need to eat this diet or use these essential oils or purchase a $700 water filter.  It's just too much information and it is honestly just going in one ear and out the other.  I'm truly just taking it one day at a time.

But....all that said.  I had dinner tonight with to former co-workers and it was very enjoyable.  Down side is it was over too fast.  The time just flew by and I was left longing for more time.  But all good things must come to an end.  Now I am preparing for tomorrow and my PET scan.  Nothing but water after 7 am tomorrow.  PET scan at 1:00 p.m.  I figure the prep will take 45 minutes to an hour and the scan will be around 2:00.  We should be back home by 3:30 at the latest.  Then Wednesday I will get the results and the plan for proceeding.

I'm going to listen to an audible book, "The Places That Scare You" by Pema Chodron.   I just downloaded it this evening.  I'm going to download a list of books to listen to while receiving treatment.  I think this will be the first.  Another one by the same author is "Being Mortal".  If anyone has any recommended reading they would care to share please do.

2 comments:

Olga said...

I love Pema Chodron. Can't go wrong with her books on your playlist.

kenju said...

I have not read blogs in a long time, and today I find this. I'm sorry and to learn this and I will not try to tell you want to do, eat or use in treatment.

I hope your problem is treatable and that you will be comfortable and not in pain. Keep us posted.

If you don'T read the blog "Time Goes By" by Ronni Bennett, you may want to check it out.