Sunday, March 3, 2019

Feeling more normal

Now I totally understand what a support animal does.  Having Ellie these past few days has taught me something.  When she is in my lap or sleeping with me I feel calmer and more relaxed.  Petting her and all is well with the world.  She may even sense that I need her right now.  Either way it's a win, win.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with my daughters shopping and having lunch.  It was just what I needed.  We didn't talk about cancer of treatments or anything.  We just enjoyed our time together.  

I finally get to buy little girl dresses.  Dillard'a had a huge sale and I bought Piper 3 outfits and a darling little blouse.  The girls and I took them to her after we finished shopping and she was as thrilled as a 3 year old who hasn't had a nap all day.  Maybe after a good night's sleep she will be more impressed. (ha ha)

Today I think my appetite is returning.  I can actually imagine eating.   The one thing is that I'm ready to get on with this fight.  I can't believe I have to wait 9 more days for the PET scan and then another week before I see the doctor.  I want to pass GO and go straight to the cancer center and see an oncologist.  But I'm sure they would order a PET scan as well and  at least we already have that in the works.

We have icy roads and sidewalks.  I will not be venturing out for anything today!

1 comment:

Olga said...

Thankful for dogs and daughters to help you though a tough time.