Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Today was a pretty good day. The roof is going to be replaced with minimal cost to me and I'm putting siding on the house. I'm never going to have to paint it again! Oh Happy Day! I will have to take before and after pictures. I'm really excited about my little house make-over.

The Pampered Chef party was fun. They really have some nice cookware. The host demonstrated a stoneware roaster that she used to cook chicken fajitas in the microwave. They were delicious! It only took about 20 minutes. She also cooked barbecue pork tenderoin in it and it was also delicious.

It's was just an all around good day today. We had a little shower this afternoon and it cooled things off. It is supposed to get back in the 100's by Saturday so I guess this was just a short break in the heat.

Time marches on....19 day until I'm 60!

3 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

You will LOVE siding. It gives a house such a clean appearance and is easy to clean as a honkin' big car. I do mine one side at a time and it is a piece of cake.

oklhdan said...

Thanks Patti for the tip. I'm so excited to get the siding. I just know it will make a huge difference in my 40 year old house.

utenzi said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. AARP isn't grabbing me yet but since 50 is just around the corner, they'll be sending me stuff soon.