Monday, July 13, 2009


New Roof

Today begins the final transformation..........the siding starts going up today. I was so happy with the roof I can't wait to see everything when it is complete. I'm not sure what the temperature is supposed to be today but I imagine it will be another scorcher. I tried to take a picture of the roof but it came out all wavy and distorted. In spite of how the picture looks.....the roof really does look good.

My next task it to tackle the problems with the cracking brick. I have had approximately 12 piers put around the foundation of the house and still I'm having problems. My house sits on clay soil which is the worst for causing foundation problems. The pier work was warrantied for life but this time when I called the company they said the problem wasn't the piers but that the ground had uneven moisture distribution. I think they just know they can't sell me anymore piers because I already have the around the entire house. I am planning on contacting a structural engineer to come out and look at the house and see if I can get an idea of what to do next. It's a 40+ year old house so I know there are going to be issues. Home maintenance.........it never ends!

No comments: