Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Sunshine Came Softly

Ahh so happy to see the sun.  It's been a week of cloudy, rainy weather and that coupled with the events around the world made way for a lot of gloom.  Somehow the sun has a way of awakening the spirit.

I've been receiving some really nasty comments from what I assume is a very disgruntled millennial.  I've deleted them because I don't want to provide a platform for this type of rhetoric.  They are certainly entitled to their opinion but they need to create their own blog and share it with those who choose to listen.  Not here.

I changed some of my settings but don't know how successful I was at making it harder for this type of thing.  Lord knows I hope future generations do a better job than we have done.

I'm just one person trying to weather through a shared crisis.  I hope young people take this virus seriously because it appears to not distinguish between young and old.  If they are not careful they will be leaving their fate in the hands of us old people.  All the deaths here have been people under the age of 40.  Virus doesn't discriminate.  So young people you have to stay alive to make a difference.

 

2 comments:

Olga said...

And then that Lt. Gov from Texas says we should fall on the sword to protect the economy (mainly Trump's hotel business). That will surely embolden those trolls. Fortunately there are many stories out there about people being kind and taking care of each other as best they can.

oklhdan said...

You are right Olga, I just read about the gift you received from one of your neighbors. Kindness is needed and appreciated.