Monday, March 23, 2020

Maintaining Social Distancing

I had my first visit with one of my daughters today.  She and her husband came by to drop off a propane tank for our grill.  We kept 6 feet between us as we visited in the backyard.  Hard not to be able to hug your children but not worth the risk of exposure as this time.  Ron and I have been so diligent about remaining at home I'd hate for all of our distancing to have been for nothing.

The number of confirmed cases continues to rise daily.  I'm not even sure what the count is today.  I'm afraid our Governor will not take the necessary steps to contain the virus because he refuses to consider mandatory quarantine.  Frankly he just parrots what the President says.  He is also an anti-vaxer.  He refuses to have his children vaccinated and only a week ago was telling everyone to continue going to restaurants and even shared a video of he and his family doing just that.  The next day he declared a state of emergency for the state of Okla.   Sound familiar?

Continuing our plan to create a new routine for my brother we spent yesterday afternoon playing Jinga and gin rummy with him.


I said it was like Moe watching Larry and Curly play chess.  Very entertaining!  So far our efforts are paying off as Mike is still stable.  I try to avoid any discussion about the pandemic when he is around and distract him if he brings it up.

My daughter shared a picture with me of her neighbors and how they are staying in contact with each other while maintaining social distancing.

They are gathering in the cul-de-sac and tomorrow evening each household is ordering take out and they are meeting again to share a meal together.  Creative ways to bridge the social distancing!

I hope people will share some of the ways they are bridging the distance.  There are very clever and resourceful people in the country.

On Wednesday we will be participating in the world wide prayer called for by the Pope.  At 12:00 noon he has asked the world's Christians to recite the Our Father together.  That will be 6 am our time.  Prayer can't hurt!

Hope everyone is staying healthy and staying in touch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.