Friday, March 20, 2020

Finally...Back online

Wow, I've been trying to regain access to blogger for months.  Every time I thought I had resolved the problem I'd be kicked out before I ever got back in.  Hopefully, fingers crossed that problem has now been resolved.  Or at least until the next time I try to login.

I might as well just skip the past 7 months and jump to today.  Ron, myself and Mike started self-quarantine 3 weeks ago.  It has been interesting to say the least.  We have no contact with anyone outside the 3 of us.  Mike is holding up well as long as we are together.  He only had one minor episode but was able to regain his composure rather quickly.  We have 19 confirmed cases of Covid 19.  One is a two year old little girl.  Of course there are many who do not know they are carrying it so expect the numbers will increase daily.  It's averaging doubling every 24 hours.

Our city has closed everything except essentials.  Only prepared food you can get is either drive-through or curbside pick-up.  But people have just rushed the supermarkets.  So much for social distancing.  You can't find anything on the selves right now.  We had stocked up (not hoarded) what we needed several weeks ago.  Now we are only getting food delivered through Shipt.  It's working fairly well but right now there isn't a lot of variety.  Get what you can.

Of course I'm worried for my daughters.  Fortunately school has been canceled and probably for the remainder of the year.  Teachers were allowed to come to school today at scheduled times to retrieve anything they need to take home.  They will be deep cleaning the school later.  They are not allowed to tutor online or teach lessons because so many students do not have access to internet.  This would create an imbalance that would be hard to deal with when school resumes.

Only one son-in-law is having to go to his workplace.  Of course he's a government employee wouldn't you know.  The other is a professor at the University of Okla. and they have closed campus and he is instructing from home.

My lung doctor told me to self quarantine.  Should I develop a fever I'm to call him and he will get me directly admitted to hospital.  Won't have to go through ER.  Hopefully that will never be necessary.  We don't have enough equipment to treat everyone and if they have to triage I would probably not receive care. 

All I can say is I believe this will get a lot worse before it gets better.  I'm hoping that develop a treatment soon (some are looking promising) and or a vaccine.  Otherwise my head will probably remain hidden for the next 18 months or longer.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Glad you could make some online contact and hope it continues. Blogger is certainly filled with its own peculiarities. Stay well.

Arkansas Patti said...

Glad you are back in business. A computer in these times is almost a necessity. Take care of eachother and stay well.

oklhdan said...

Good to hear from you Olga and Patti. We are definitely taking this crisis one day at a time. Hope you both stay well!