Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I heard this morning that the surviving Boston bomber has said they were not involved with any terrorist group.  That they had planned and executed the bombing on their own because of Islamic religious principles.  I hated hearing that because that will fuel the fire concerning Muslims in this country.  People forget that extremism exists in every religion even the Christian religion.  The Westboro Baptist church is just one example but fortunately they haven't killed anyone but their message of hatred is loud and clear.  There have been abortion doctors murdered by extremist Christians.  So we have to be careful not to blame the "religion" but the extremists using religion as their motive.

I saw a book that interested me called Into The Light by Dr. Jon Lerma.  His background is from working with hospice and the book and he writes about his valuable research and guidance in 16 inspirational stories of children and adults confronting their deaths through the comforting visions of divine beings. By presenting the mysterious visions, synchronicities, and angelic conversations terminally ill patients encounter. I know that may sound morbid to some people since my husband is facing surgery for lung cancer but it isn't morbid at all.  I find such stories comforting and reassuring.  I purchased the book for my Kindle and have barely started reading it.  I'm sure from a scientific viewpoint none of these stories can be substantiated but then can faith be substantiated?  We say we have faith but can we prove it?

I think I currently have about 5 books I'm in the process of reading.  I've got a lot of catching up to do.  My kindle will be going to the hospital with me. 


No comments: