Saturday, November 28, 2009

Yesterday Ron and I skipped Black Friday and went to the movies instead. We saw The Blind Side. The theater was packed and we unfortunately had to sit on the front row. Not easy for two people wearing bifocals but it was still worth it. The movie was really good. Amazing what that young man was able to accomplish and it really shows you the power of a simple act of kindness. What an example to follow. I think we all have the ability to touch lives each an every day but I'm not always sure we recognize the opportunity when we see it. The real test is whether we take those opportunities when we do.

The next movie on my list of must see....is The Road. I am curious if they are able to do the book justice. That won't be a small task. On Ron's list is the Jim Carey movie Scrooge. He wants to see it in 3-D. I've never been to a 3-D movie so that might be fun. We are still wanting to check out the new Warren theater and sit in the balcony where you can have dinner served to you and drinks. Talk about comfortable seating......I have actually been to a movie there (and it was great) but Ron hasn't experienced it yet. It is a little pricey for a movie but the experience was worth trying.

My dog sitting ends today. The "girls" have been pretty good. Lucy is still limping around on her back leg but doesn't yelp or anything. It comes and goes...like my aches and pains. Guess she's feeling her age too! All in all it has been a good holiday. Time now to get ready for Christmas! Tuesday night is our golf cart parade at work so I'll hit the ground running on Monday. Last minute details etc. I sure hope the weather cooperates.

2 comments:

kenju said...

I'm glad you liked the movie. I read another good review of it and wanted your opinion. If I ever get some time off, I'll go see it! LOL

Arkansas Patti said...

So glad you saw Blind Side. I saw the young man play pro ball on Thanksgiving Day. What a story. Love when real life has a Hollywood ending.
Now it will be hard to wait for Netflix.