Saturday, November 14, 2009

Chrstmas shopping seems to be early here in Oklahoma. I went with my daughters to Okla. City today and the malls were full of people. No signs of the recession to be found. Of course I don't know if everyone was spending money or just window shopping. We certainly did our share to help the economy. I was on a mission to find the girl's birthday presents today and I am happy to say we were successful. I don't even try to shop for them anymore so I just let them shop and I pay the bill. It works out great for everyone! I'm usually finished with Christmas shopping way before now but this year I haven't even started. Maybe I'll get inspired soon.

4 comments:

kenju said...

I admit to having lost the Christmas spirit - the gift-giving part of it - about 5 years ago. Now I buy gift cards for everyone on the list. It isn't creative, but it beats pounding the malls and shopping centers with all the other people.

Arkansas Patti said...

Oh me, I am in the kenju camp. The years have beaten me down. I even stoop lower than Judy and give cold hard cash. It is always the right size and color, no returns nor regifting. Sad in a way. I do shop for actual gifts for the angel tree every year.

Olga said...

I've been doing a lot of hand made or baked gifts for the past couple of years, but I'm seriously behind this year. I enjoy making or finding a gift for someone I know will want or appreciate it, but then there are some who are just TOO hard to find that perfect gift for--Gift cards for them.

oklhdan said...

I'm struggling this year. I usually have ideas for everyone but this year I'm a blank. Although I did find the perfect gift for my brother today! I got him a Wii.....it has sports games for him to play. I worry that he is lonely and that's why he calls me 100 times a day. I like to make gifts too Olga. Just haven't had any good ideas this year.