Thursday, November 19, 2009

I had a really busy day today. I'm not complaining because I'd rather be busy than twiddling my thumbs.

Last week I did a search for a woman I knew when I was a little girl. Unfortunately I found her obituary and learned that she had died about 3 years ago. She was our neighbor when I was in grade school and I used to babysit her little girls. They were just adorable and I was crazy about them. Well, I found the girls listed in the obituary and learned the married names. Through a people search I located both of them and wrote them a note. Tonight I got a phone call from the oldest girl. It's so strange because I only think of them as little girls and yet there is only 5 years difference in our ages. We are all going to get together during Christmas. I can't wait to see them again. It has been 40 years since I last saw them.

I tried a new diabetic recipe tonight and it was so delicious I just knew it was too good to be true. But....it had no adverse impact on my blood sugar what-so-ever! Sometimes we do get lucky! Tomorrow I go to my last class on diabetes. They have been very helpful in learning how to control this disease. I'm doing great, blood sugar under control, lost 15 pounds and am feeling great!

Life is good!

2 comments:

kenju said...

The internet is absolutely wonderful for re-connecting with people from our past!! I know you will enjoy that meeting!

Arkansas Patti said...

Very neat that you are reconnecting. Too often people slide through our life and disappear.
Dang, perhaps I need to go on a diabetes diet. That 15 pound loss is wonderfu. Congrats big time.