Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I Got Nothing!  I'm drained today.....I am disappointed that no amount of violence can get this country to stand up to the NRA and demand gun control measures be taken.  Nothing....not even the slaying of innocent babies.  I'm just sad.   The arguments against gun control are like the question "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"  Some say that because there is more violence we need more guns.  Some say there is more violence because we have more guns.  Somehow we always manage to evade the issue.

2 comments:

Olga said...

As you wrote yesterday, there are so many areas that need to be addressed. I did hear a politician stating that she did not understand how anyone could be against background checks for criminals. I thought no rational person would be, but unfortunately the criminals themselves are against it and know how to get around it. Enforcement is a major factor in this debate as far as I am concerned.
And the crying need for mental health services...when is that going to be on the table?

oklhdan said...

I agree with you Olga! I don't know what it will take!