Thursday, July 16, 2020

You're Gnomebody till Somebody Loves You



OK....Now I'm making gnomes.  This was my first.  I have enough stuff to make 50 of these things.  But yesterday Ron and I delivered this one to the porch of a friend whose company I miss very much!  I'm going to make some boy gnomes next dressed up for Christmas.  I'm doing anything to keep myself busy and away from the tv and news which is too depressing to follow.  I'm trying not to lose complete faith in this country and its people but it is getting harder every day.

This morning Mike called and said he fell again.  I don't think he was hurt other than a skinned hand.  His psychiatrist has already decreased his meds to try to counteract side effects.  I think today's fall was just an accident.  He may have tripped or was tired after taking a walk.  Our weather is so humid right now and hot that may have played a part as well.  When his meds are reduced he gets a little more agitated and increased anxiety but its a trade off for a decrease in physical side effects.  Such a balancing act.

We haven't gotten the results of his recent CT scan so guess we will talk about all of this when we meet with the doctor to discuss the scan.

Well even the doctor is getting fat from the isolation.  The vet said Ellie needs to lose a pound so despite her obvious displeasure she is no longer getting treats.  She's lost 1/2 pound so far so we are on the right track.  Wish I could say the same for myself.  I keep losing and gaining the same 5 pounds over and over.  It all depends on my mental mood at the time.  I am definitely an emotional eater and I've found a lot to get emotional about lately.
 

1 comment:

Olga said...

Oh, that is cute.
But this pandemic is getting tiresome. It has brought out the best in some and the absolute worst in others.