Wednesday, July 8, 2020

8 to 1

Our city council meeting was live on Facebook last night and the vote to make mask wearing mandatory passed 8 to 1.  It was an interesting meeting.  We listened to all the public comments and I was sickened by the level of sheer stupidity.  So much crap about "you can't make me wear a mask" and conspiracy theory garbage I told Ron I'm ready to go find an island to live on.

The only no vote was explained as a philosophical opposition.  He was in favor of wearing masks but didn't know how it would be enforced.  Frankly I don't know either.  People are ready to shoot each other over the least thing right now and I just know some Oklahoma yahoo is going to threaten someone who asks him to put on a mask before entering a business.  You know it's coming!

It's just an absolute shame that it is necessary to mandate doing what is responsible and ethical.  I read an article that said it may be necessary to wear masks for another 4 years.  Realizing that many many people will not get the vaccine if and when it does become available!  So guess we just better get used to the idea!

The mandate is for everyone over the age of six.

3 comments:

Olga said...

It is sad that there would have to be a mandate about what should be common sense.

kenju said...

I am now going to physical therapy twice a week. I wear a mask, as do the therapist and the receptionist. But there is one client who refuses to wear a mask. I am almost at the point of telling them I will not return if she doesn't wear a mask while she is there. So far, we have not been within 6 feet of each other....but if we have to....I will rebel.

oklhdan said...

Good for you Judy. I don't blame a little rebellion when necessary. If we don't keep ourselves safe no one else is going to do it obviously.