Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Come on November

Our local school system surveyed teachers several times asking for their input on how school should be resumed in the Fall.  What kinds of precautions they would like to see in place and input on online teaching etc.  They must have sent them 3 or 4 different surveys.  At the same time they surveyed parents.  Well after much deliberation teachers were informed today on how school will resume in the Fall.  School will resume without any precautions or changes what-so-ever.  No social distancing, no reduction in number of students, no masks, no limiting of visitors, no additional cleaning or sanitizing, absolutely nothing!  I am totally disgusted!  Basically it's teach at your own risk!!!!

Should I be surprised?  I guess not!  We've been warned, we have been told what to do to suppress the spread but because we have no leadership and a loon steering the boat, it is now a political statement to ignore any recommendations by experts.  The number of people being infected every day is predicted to reach 100,000 new cases per day.

November can't get here soon enough!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Unbelievable. Of course the expectation is that the teacher's will use their own money to supply disinfectant and hand sanitizers and spend their own time cleaning.

Nan said...

OMG that is just awful! I live close to where the Republican convention will be held- ugh- and we are far from progressive here. I don't think they have decided about school but masks are mandatory in one part of the county here and it seems like the school board is contemplating a mixed virtual/go to building 2 days a week. Our numbers are rising like crazy and I actually know several persons who have had Covid 19 including 4 with hospitalizations of over a month. I go literally no where- 4 outings in going on 4 months now. Aldi is the best here for shopping safely- I've been twice; once to grandson's 18th birthday and the gas station to get gas for my lawn mower. No fun but I'm staying safe. I hope Mike is doing well and of course, you and the others in your family.