Thursday, February 24, 2011

Twos Company

I always thought I liked living alone.  Maybe I was just resigned to the fact and made the best of it.  But I'm here to tell you I love having someone to come home to after a late night meeting or to wake up to in the morning.  I'm even having fun just getting used to all our little quirks.  For instance, I'm notorious for picking up empty glasses and washing them and putting them away.  Ron on the other hand likes to keep one glass to refill as he gets the fancy.  Poor guy, he sets his glass down and before he can blink I've snatched it, washed it, dried it and back in the cabinet it goes.

So, the other night, after surveying the living room for empty glasses and not finding any I went on to the kitchen where something caught my eye.  Way up on top of the refrigerator sat an empty water glass.  I really got tickled and then called Ron into the kitchen.  Pointing up to the glass I asked, "Did you really think THAT would stop me?"  He replied, "I didn't think you could reach it."    I then reached behind him and got my folding stool.......I said, "I maybe short but I have tools."

I'm not without flexibility, I went to Walmart and got him a huge water jug he can keep filled up and leave in the refrigerator.

This morning I had to be at work early for a meeting.  I was in the kitchen trying to fix my brother's breakfast and having a heck of a time.  I couldn't see out of my glasses for some reason.  I was muttering about needing new glasses when Ron came in looking quite fashionable in MY glasses.  Seems we made a swtich.  We were both quite amused at ourselves.  I told him that sort of thing never happened when I was living alone!

2 comments:

kenju said...

Now you sound like us! LOL I do that same thing you do with glasses - although I just put them in the dishwasher. Mr. kenju likes to keep one handy and fill it at will.

marciamayo said...

Sounds like you two are going to be fine.