Saturday, February 12, 2011

These were taken from my back door last week.  The falling snow is beautiful to watch.  Friday I actually went sledding with the staff and kids at the hospital.  I haven't done that in 50 years!  So much fun but soooo cold!  The kids were having a ball.  I think we actually demolished about 4 sleds.







The estate sale items are now being set up for display.  It's hard to see so many beautiful things having to be sold but we just don't have enough room for everything.  Ron's a little down but I think he'll be OK.  Yesterday was his birthday and we are all going out tonight to eat.  Hopepfully that will cheer him up a little bit.  The contract has been signed on the house and it closes on the 14th of March.  So much happening so fast...I'm hanging in there.

5 comments:

marciamayo said...

I think things are happening just as they should. Dani, your life is a whirlwind right now. I hope things settle down a bit for you.

kenju said...

I'm glad you went sledding!! It must have been fun, even if it was cold.

Those red goblets are so nice - wish I were there to buy them. Good luck!

Olga said...

I'm thinking that Ron will realize that letting go of things is not the same as letting go of memories of past and the people who used and loved those things. Keep the memories, keep the pictures even, and feel the freedom of having space. Best to you both.

Arkansas Patti said...

I am jealous of your sledding. Sounds delightful.
Some lovely items for sale there.
Happy belated Birthday Ron.

Unknown said...

Love the snow art made with gloves!!!

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick