Tuesday, February 8, 2011

House Offer

Ron has an offer on his house!  Now comes the negotiating but I think they are really close to an agreement.  The estate sale is scheduled for a week from Friday and it seems to be going well.  There are so many beautiful things being sold.  Ron's mother took immaculate care of her things and they look as new today as the day she purchased them.  It should be a good sale.

Ron's PET scan has been scheduled for Valentines Day.  The doctor's appointment has been rescheduled but we don't know the date yet.  Things are moving quickly.  Of course I'm hoping surgery will be on the horizon which means I could be the one finishing the sale of the house and the move.  Oh well......I'm used to this stuff by now.

I'm in the process of clearing out clutter from my house.  I figure if it is in a closet and I haven't looked at it in 2 years out it goes.  I'm not much of a clutter bug anyway so it shouldn't take long to make more space in the house.  

This is going to be quite the adventure.....combining two lives.  Where to hang his family pictures, his car collection, etc?  I really wish we had been able to move to a neutral home....one that was new for both of us but it just isn't in the financial cards at this time.  We have too many unknowns looming ahead of us.  I'm way too practical to even consider it.  

We are bracing ourselves for the next snow storm but I have a feeling it won't be as bad as last week or at least it won't last as long.  We are expecting above freezing temperatures this weekend so whatever snow we get will probably melt quickly.  I hope so anyway. 

3 comments:

Olga said...

What a wils ride you guys are on! Best of luck with all of it.

Arkansas Patti said...

I guess considering the real estate market, that is great news.
I hope you get a great Valentines present with his scan results.
Stay warm.

kenju said...

What Olga and Patti said.