Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Life is a Cabaret old chum...........

Well, Ron will be having surgery in the next couple of weeks.  It will be scoping the knee and trimming the torn Cartlidge and cleaning up the knee joint.   It's an outpatient surgery and the recovery is pretty fast according to the doctor.  We should have him going in time for my knee replacement.

Tonight, I saw a live stream cabaret production that a childhood friend was performing in, and it was so much fun to watch.  Tina did a great job.  I haven't seen her since 1969 when she was one of my bridesmaids.  She lives in Connecticut now.

We are expecting a cold front to move through tonight taking our temperature from 105 to 82 tomorrow.  Now that's a drop.  I am definitely going to take advantage of the break in the heat and get out.  We are going to go shopping for new recliners.  We need the chairs, but I hate shopping for them.  Salesmen stalk you all over the store and that just drives me crazy.  What do they call them?  Shopper stalkers?  I had a friend who would dress in a smart suit and carry a clipboard around at the store and everyone thought she worked there so they left her alone.  She said it worked every time.  She'd act like her husband was her customer.

Over the past 6 months I have been purposely reaching out to old friends trying to get out more.  Next week I'm having lunch with some friends from high school.  It should be fun. Of course, this is the season for flu and covid spikes so have to be careful.  I will probably stick close to home in October.


1 comment:

Olga said...

Yesterday was back to school day here in VT and we experienced a cold front last night -- down to 49. But I am quite sure 82 after triple digits for so long feels wonderful.
Stay well, and best for the new knee installation.