Monday, October 31, 2022

Struggling

 I don't know why I struggle to put my thoughts into words these days, but I do.  Most of the time I am just feeling disgust and anger about what I see in this world. The unfiltered, vile hatred that people feel empowered to spew like a boiling teapot left unattended.  It is no surprise seeing as how we had a President who was so adept at sharing his own vile and hateful rhetoric.  Common decency just doesn't exist. I spend a great deal of time trying to figure out how this "new normal" sustains itself and my finger lands on social media.  It has created a safety zone that allows people to show themselves as they are without any immediate consequence.  The power of anonymity. Oh, how I long for the days of political correctness even if it was only a delusion. Or maybe just my delusion that people were better than what they truly are due to a societal floor monitor.  Well Trump certainly removed my rose-colored glasses and has forced me to see the ugliness that still prevails.

3 comments:

Olga said...

It is easy to feel discouraged and helpless. I really try very hard to believe that having positive thoughts and an open heart adds light to the world. Then I turn on the news.

Florence said...

I find taking an occasional news break helps. Instead, of the news listen to beautiful music. As Mr. Rogers used to say, look for the helpers. There are many more good people who are helping others, helping animals, helping the planet but they don’t show up on the news. If you have grandchildren, take them for a walk or play a board game with them. Look at the moon and stars at night. Be as cautious about what you allow in your mind as what you put into your body. These are just things I have found helpful for me.

oklhdan said...


Thanks for all the reminders! I'm normally a positive person and I just allowed the negativity to get in my head.