Thursday, January 20, 2022

One down and one still testing

Well one of my daughters tested positive for Covid last Thursday.  Her symptoms have been pretty bad.  She's had a high fever, severe headache and joint pain, shortness of breath and loss of taste and smell.  She has been at home all week and the doctor has put her on an antibiotic today.  Fortunately, her sister hasn't tested positive so far.  Last Thursday they had 30 teachers test positive just on Thursday alone.  Kindergarten went to online learning because every kindergarten teacher was home recovering from the virus.

Oklahoma legislators are on a rampage authoring all kinds of bills going after school curriculum including a ban against teaching social and emotional concepts.  This one really made me do a double take.  Another representative authored a bill requiring the homeless get a permit for homeless campsites.  Huh?  So, people who have no home, no money are required to get a permit to be homeless?  I swear, not everyone who lives in Oklahoma is this stupid.  Just the ones in government.

I am now in my 13th day of isolation.  I haven't stepped out of my house in the past 13 days because the Covid numbers are so high here.  Our hospitals are at capacity with no beds or ICU beds available.  We did get the OK from the insurance adjustor to start repair on the house, but our construction manager is sick with Covid, and they don't have enough workers healthy enough to get started.  I have no idea when we will get back to normal.

The artic blast that hit across the country nipped us.  Temperatures are low and the wind has howled but we didn't get any precipitation. 

Hope all are staying healthy and warm!



2 comments:

kenju said...

I hope karma decides soon that we have all had enough. Covid is a bitch.

Hope your daughter recovers easily and that you stay safe.

oklhdan said...

Judy, I'm not sure what normal will look like in the future. I am pretty sure Covid is here to stay. The only way I know to stay safe is to stay inside and reduce exposure to other people to a bare minimum. I hope the Omicron surge starts to decline in the next few weeks. Continue staying safe & well!