Sunday, January 30, 2022

In the recesses of my mind.....and the nightstand drawers~

Finally. work on the house begins tomorrow.  Somone is coming to repair the sheetrock and toe kick (whatever that is). I don't really care what happens as long as we get started.  The thing I'm looking the most forward to is getting the flooring installed.  It's a big job but I just can't wait until it is done.  Then we can get furniture back in place and start looking forward to what Spring may hold for us all.  I'm hoping Covid is manageable by then.  Today I heard of yet another new variant, Stealth Omicron.  It is supposedly even more contagious than Omicron if you can imagine that. 

I got off to a slow start today even though I was up at 6:00 am.  I started cleaning out more drawers and am always amazed by the stuff I find.  Two different types of self-tanning kits.  I don't know why I even bother since I just end up looking like an orange Oompa Loompa.  I threw it all out and I'm just going to let my age spots grow together and call it good.  I found more than one bottle of pillow spray.  One for stress relief, one for sleep, one for just the sweet smell of lavender.  Guess I'll resurrect them and see if they do any good. Of course, they have probably lost their potency after all this time.

Since everything is packed up in the house, I can't turn to crafting to pass the pandemic time.  I wanted to make some valentine gnomes, but I can't get to anything I need to make them.  Guess I'll concentrate on staying on my diet today.  I am having visions of baked treats......................this won't be easy!



1 comment:

Olga said...

It's good to take a look through drawers every now and then -- bit of a treasure hunt. COVID has really lowered the amusements bar!