Wednesday, September 22, 2021

I'm as confused as the rest of the world!

 Nothing surprises me anymore.  I wouldn't be shocked by anything.  That's what the past almost 6 years have done to me.  Prepared me for anything, I think.  We are just trying to stay alive and anymore that seems to be a full time endeavor.  We are still pretty much hibernating.  Since school started here Aug. 28th almost every class in my daughter's school has been in quarantine.  It only took 7 days of in-person learning without masks for kids to be infected with Covid.  So far my daughters have remained well but they are wearing masks daily.  One daughter received her 3rd dose of vaccine yesterday.  Ron and I are getting our 3rd dose this afternoon.  Last year, with a mask mandate, neither daughter had a single student absent with illness.  I think that says it all about masks!

We have still been working on repairs from last spring's hail storm.  Roof has been replaced along with gutters.  Still waiting on siding.  We had a new patio put in with a cover.  We are loving it.  We have sat outside every evening since we got it enjoying the fresh air and rag weed.  Ugh  We are still replacing shrubs but by next Spring I think we will have the back yard looking pretty good.

I have finished a lot of my Christmas shopping.  Again, just trying to stay busy.  Don't know what Christmas will look like this year as the number of infections in Oklahoma is still very high.  The girl's 1/2 brother and his family are not vaccinated nor planning to be so it is hard to figure out what to do.  It has definitely been a cause for concern.  We want to stay safe but at the same time want to have all the family together.  I know this is a situation for a lot of families.

Hope all are safe and well.

No comments: