Sunday, August 8, 2021

Oldie but a goodie

 Well, I had another birthday.  We didn't do any celebrating or anything but I'm grateful to start another year.  I have had a lot of friends who were not so lucky so I'll never complain about being a year older.

After getting a shot of cortisone in my knee I started physical therapy.  I had no idea just how weak my legs were until I had to move them!  Also my hip is weaker because of the hip replacement so that has been challenging.  I've been going 2 x a week for about 6 weeks and I'll go two more times then do a home workout.  It's getting too worrisome to continue in person therapy due to the rising numbers of Covid. 

I am so angry that our so called Governor has passed bills forbidding schools from requiring masks.  I can't make sense of nonsense. Our hospitals are at near capacity and the ICU's are full.  Healthcare providers have been begging the public to wear masks but we haven't seen much compliance.  Ron and I have just gone back to staying out of businesses and limiting our contact to just family.  When school starts that will be limited as well.  Since my daughters are teaching unvaccinated children we won't be able to be around them either.  

We finally got our roof replaced.  Looks good!  We are meeting with the contractor this afternoon to finalize plans for the new patio and patio cover.  I'm anxious to hear some suggestions.  We still haven't replaced the damaged siding on the house but I expect it will be done when the patio cover is installed.  I'm still trying to decide if I want the whole patio enclosed as a screen in porch.  Since mosquitoes are my enemy I think it would be great to have a place to hang out outside without the worry of being eaten alive!

Ron had his yearly CT scan done last week and he got another clean bill of health.  He has been cancer free 8 years now!  A milestone we never thought would be possible. 

Mike is doing well also.  He gets a little anxious about Covid but who doesn't?  Our only living uncle passed away last week.  He was our mother's 1/2 brother.  Mike handled that news pretty well.  He and Uncle Gene talked a lot on the phone and they used to sing hymns together so I know Mike will miss him.  He was 92 years old and had survived cancer 3 times.  He had lost a leg due to diabetes and they recently discovered he had lung cancer.  So it is a relief his suffering is over.

Ron and I are working hard to lose our Covid pounds!  Every year it gets harder to lose weight.  I've managed to lose 14 pounds but Ron keeps losing and gaining the same 10 pounds.  I don't think his heart is in it.  Can't blame him.  I still have another 20 pounds to lose.......I can't believe I gained so much weight.....could it have been the homemade cinnamon rolls, the cakes and cookies I baked....I tasted and sampled my way to a 30 pound weight gain.  

Well keep on keeping on and stay safe!  

No comments: