Friday, May 7, 2021

Ten Years and Counting

Today is our 10th anniversary.  Hardly seems possible.  There have been hurdles but nothing we can't handle.  Sometimes I marvel that two people who are opposites in every imaginable way can somehow make it work. We definitely teach each other tolerance and patience.  Ron had wanted to take a short day trip today and we planned one but at the last minute Mike got panicky and we had to abort that plan.  We will try again at a later date.  So we are going out for dinner tonight.  Our first restaurant visit in over 18 months.  This restaurant offers outside dining so we feel comfortable about trying it out.  

A couple of weeks ago we were hit by a storm with softball size hail and 80 mph!  70 percent of the homes in our town were damaged.  There are so many windows boarded up and car windshields demolished.  We are getting a new roof, new siding, a couple of windows but fortunately our cars were protected.  It will be several months before things start getting back to normal.

Ron has been going to physical therapy for his shoulder but has had minimal improvement.  He is getting an MRI next week and my guess is he will need surgery.  My knees are feeling better since I started taking Collagen Peptides.  I don't know if that's the reason they are better but I'll take it!

I don't know what to expect next, Locusts?  We've had ice storms, artic blast, hail the size of my head so nothing would be a surprise.  I imagine summer heat of 120 or higher.  Careful what I say..........I don't know who is listening.

1 comment:

Olga said...

Happy Anniversary!! Enjoy an evening out.