Friday, February 27, 2009

Yesterday was a busy day. I had to take off work to go get the list of things requested by the extended care facility. I couldn't believe it took so long to track everything down. I also found a pretty blue flower hair clip I thought would look great in my mother's gorgeous white hair. Unfortunately she wasn't of the same opinion. But I prevailed and put it in her hair just the same and she looked so pretty. The blue matched her eyes and the blouse she was wearing perfectly. I put a little blush on her cheeks and some pink lipstick and she was pretty as a picture! She was still a bit depressed and eating has become a real challenge. The nurse told her she MUST eat in order to get better but I think it just goes in one ear and out the other. I sit with her and try to distract her while sneaking in a bite or two. So far I'm getting away with it but I think she will catch on soon! Just taking everything one day at at time. I keep telling her she's at camp and she tells me she doesn't like going to physical education class. It's really her physical therapy but she still doesn't like it.

No comments: