Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How To Get A Man (of any age) To Be On Time For A Date

After spending a weekend trying to convey how I feel every time Ron is late to pick me up for a date I decided to take action. I had tried in the past to point out that he is NEVER late to things that matter to him. He is always at least a half hour early to any sporting event. He shows up, Johnny on the Spot, with school colors on and with his official lucky pocket watch. However, if he is coming by to pick me up to go somewhere I can be assured that he will be no less than 30 minutes late and sometimes as much as an hour. This trait has finally started to bug me severely. So......after our discussion I waited and the next time he was to be at my house at a designated time I called him about an hour before the arrival time. Ring, Ring, Ron:"Hello". Me: "I'm just calling to confirm what time you will be here to pick me up." Ron: "6:00 p.m. " Me:...."6:00 p.m? OK.....I will be naked and waiting at 6:00 p.m." .....and then I hung up. At 5:15 p.m. my doorbell rang. I opened the door and said "OK....now wipe that disappointed look off your face and get in the car!" HEY......whatever works!

1 comment:

kenju said...

LOL!!


If I want mr. kenju to be ready to go somewhere at 5pm, I tell him that we're leaving at 4:30 pm and then he'll be ready by 5.