Sunday, December 6, 2009

I had a busy Saturday! Soup N' Salad did a fundraiser for the hospital today and I went with daughter #2 to that and then we went shopping. It was a lot more hectic today than it was yesterday afternoon when Ron and I went to the mall. But we accomplished our goal. This evening Ron and I went out to eat with both daughters and 9 of their friends. It was a birthday celebration for the twins. They will be 39 years old tomorrow! Unbelievable! Where has the time gone? 39 years ago on a beautiful Sunday afternoon they were born at 4:40 P.M. AND 4:42 P.M. I remember it well! I was 21 years old and their dad was in the service. Vietnam was in full swing. He had been gone 6 months and he didn't see the girls until they were 7 months old. That was quite a time. Fortunately I was too young and dumb to be scared. I thought one extra baby was no big deal. I didn't know that I wouldn't sleep through the night again for the next 3 years. But those little babies were just so darn cute. Never mind the fact that I couldn't tell them apart! There was only 3 oz. difference in their weight and they were exactly the same length. It never occurred to be to paint their toenails a different color. Duh! I do remember thinking it felt like I had won the lottery. I was just so excited about having twins. I am truly blessed. I am a little disappointed I never became a grandmother. That's an experience I would have loved to have. I hear there is nothing like it!

2 comments:

kenju said...

YOu were so young, and to have their father gone for so long? I don't know how you did it!!

Happy Birthday to your twins.

Yes, there is nothing like having grandchildren. Maybe you can share mine?

oklhdan said...

Kenju...thanks I may take you up on that offer:)