Saturday, July 22, 2023

What El Nino?

 We received a welcomed reprieve from the heat the past two days.  The upper 80's without humidity feels incredibly cooler,  Trying to get all outdoor activities completed.  

My son-in-law is still with us.  He started a job in a factory, but it ended up being too physical for him.  He just turned 59 and the job required a lot of heavy lifting that he just isn't in shape to do.  So I guess he is starting over in the job search.  I was really looking forward to having my house back but guess it will be a while longer.

My daughter is moved into her little rent house.  It's very cute and all she needs.  It has been remodeled and is entirely ADA compliant.  After seeing it Ron and I decided to have some remodeling done.  We are enlarging a bedroom, adding a walk-in closet/safe room and an ADA compliant bathroom.  Should be nice when it is done.  We won't start the remodel until after my next knee surgery.

Ron is now so attached to my daughter's dogs I'm not sure she is getting them back.  It will definitely be hard for him to see them go.  So far, she hasn't said when she wants to bring them to her house.  

If I'm going to take advantage of the weather, I'd better get going.


4 comments:

Olga said...

You are amazing to take in your son in law like that. You are definitely a care taker! I hope he is able to find self sustaining work and move on with his life.
Friends of mine built their house in their 30's with their possible needs in later years in mind. It's accessible in every way and has a live-in apartment for caretakers should that eventually become necessary. I never knew anyone else who thought that far in advance. They have not needed many of the features as yet but they were able to care for her mother in their home before her death.

kenju said...

No longer having the dogs around may me too big of a change for Ron. I hope he can handle it. Too bad about your son-in-law. Maybe he needs some physical therapy to get his strength back.

kenju said...

I know I commented yesterday, but it isn't here. I hope Ron doesn't get
so attached to the dogs that he grieves when they are gone.

oklhdan said...

Olga, your friend's house sounds like one of my neighbors. They built an additional room to their house for a possible caregiver. They remodeled it and made it accessible. It all paid off since he is now 93 and at home on hospice. She is in her upper 80's but doesn't require as much care.

Judy, I am afraid you are right. Ron will probably grieve the loss of the dogs when they go home. My daughter assured him he will have access to them any time he wants.