Monday, July 11, 2022

Snap, Crackle, Pop

 Well, I followed through and have my first orthopedic appoint is October 7th.  I hope I am still able to walk by then.  But I've at least taken the first step.

Last week we had a mishap.  Ron accidently left the freezer door open, and it wasn't discovered for 2 days.  We lost everything including all the meals I had prepared for Mike in anticipation of having knee surgery.  All in all, I'd say we lost about $2,000 of frozen meat and I don't know how much in frozen vegetables and time.  It made us both sick!  I've been concerned about Ron's memory for a while, but I still believe his seizure meds have a lot to do with it.  Last night I found the bag of salad on top of the refrigerator in the breadbasket.  I don't tell him about it because it just upsets him.  I feel like I have to follow behind him all the time.

Aging can certainly be a challenge!


1 comment:

Olga said...

THat seems like a long wait, but that is really how it is these days. Good vibes your way.