Monday, July 4, 2022

 Happy Independence Day!

We will be going to my daughter's house for a cookout later this afternoon.   Nothing too elaborate but just some good ole burgers and hotdogs.  I'm struggling to feel there is much to celebrate this 4th of July as our country continues to struggle.  There is so much division you would hope we could come together for one day to recognize the sacrifices made by so many for us to have our freedom. 

I'm looking down the barrel at two knee replacements.  I've done the cortisone and gel shots and I'm at the end of the line on those.  I said that when I could no longer shop for my own groceries I'd say "Uncle" so here I am ........."Uncle"!  I'm going to start by talking to a few orthopedic surgeons before I decide on who will do it.  My lungs are finally under control so I don't think that will create a roadblock. Ideally, I'd like to have the first surgery in early November but of course it will depend on the doctor.

We had a little mishap today.  Seems Ron didn't shut the freezer all the way yesterday and today we found everything inside had completed thawed.  There was probably $2,000 worth of food lost.  I will have to replace all the meals I had prepared and froze for Mike.  I was trying to get a lot of stuff ready for when I'm down from the knee surgery.  But accidents happen and you just have to shake it off and start again.

Keep on keeping on!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th full of celebration and fireworks!


2 comments:

Olga said...

I know how you feel -- hard to celebrate the birth of the nation when we are acting like snarky, entitled teenagers. Maybe everyone will grow up soon!
Enjoy time with family.

Mary said...

Great to see you back again. I missed your posts.