Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Shopping Wizard

Ron and I started exercising each morning following a set of dvd's designed for seniors.  It includes seated versions for some of the exercises and that works for my bad knees.  Yesterday we did the balance routine and found out we don't have any!  We have a chart to follow that tells which dvd to use for each day.  So far it is kind of fun and just gave us something else to add to our routine.

I'm wishing I could go and purchase flowers for the window boxes and planters but I'm too afraid to go anywhere.  I resorted to buying some fake ones for some of my pots and OH MY they are ugly!  They are the brightest neon pink I've ever seen!  Oh well, from a VERY LONG distance they aren't so bad.  Maybe they will chase the neighbor's cat away.  

We are still under a stay at home order but we still see a lot of traffic on the streets.  The only place we go is to Mike's but you'd think it was just business as usual with the amount of cars on the streets.  Yesterday we went over and cleaned his condo and then played monopoly with him.  We've developed a shorter version of the game because it would take two days and we still wouldn't finish.  Mike lands on his own property and then tries to get us to pay up!  He has his own set of rules!

We have managed to get all our groceries without leaving the house.  Ron has it down to a science.  He places the order at 12:01 am.  That's when all the shelves are being restocked and then he chooses a 6:30 am delivery.  That way when the shopper goes to the store the shelves are restocked and we get everything on our order.  If you order in the middle of the day the shelves are bare and you just don't get anything.  

So, we are in good shape right now as far as food goes.  The freezer is full and I'm cooking every day.  It's working out just fine.  The only down side is how much I miss my daughters.  I facetime with them every day but it isn't the same.  Of course I haven't seen Piper in over a month and I miss her so much.  I don't know if I mentioned she is going to have a little sister in September.  Don't know when I'll get to see the new baby.  Anyone's guess at this point.

Well, again, hope everyone is well.  Find something to be grateful each and every day.

2 comments:

Olga said...

I am missing my family but even if I were back in VT i wouldn't be able to see them any more than I can on Facetime from Florida. Patience, patience, patience.

oklhdan said...

isn't that the truth Olga!