Tuesday, July 31, 2018

One Week Post-op

My patient is doing pretty good.  Considering his entire routine has been turned upside down he's doing real good!  

Yesterday I took him to the mall so he could walk inside.  He really misses his gym and exercising.  I was able to slip into Hallmark and purchase my daughters Christmas ornaments for this year.  Mike walked about 20 minutes and was then ready to go home.

Today Ron picked him up and they went to the church to do the recycling.  Then they went to Walmart and filled Mike's list.  Tomorrow I take Mike for his 2nd post-op visit and we will know if he is still a go for his 2nd cataract surgery.  That is tentatively in two weeks.  I sure hope everything looks good tomorrow.  The only issue I can foresee is that his eyes are very dry.  He's still using lubricating eye drops and I hope it is enough.

This whole ordeal won't be over until the first of Oct.  By then he should be healed and have his new glasses.  We will all do a happy dance at that time!!!

I've been trying to get a leg up on Christmas shopping.  I usually have everything purchased by September 1st.  I don't know if I'll make it this year.  Too much going on but I've already purchased several gifts.  Going to sew curtains and a dust ruffle for Julie's room.  I have the material now I need to get the sewing machine out and get going.  I've got several ideas for everybody else.  I really want to sew Piper's Halloween costume this year.  I want to make her a princess dress.  She is so enamored over princesses.   That may be a little too industrious a goal but I haven't given up the idea yet.

Well, this is just a quick update.  I've got to start supper.

 

3 comments:

Florence said...

I’m so glad Mike is doing well post surgery. Glad for him and glad for you.
Good luck with your early Christmas shopping. It’s nice to have as much done as you can so that you can enjoy the Christmas season.

oklhdan said...

That's exactly right Florence. I like to spend the month of December watching Christmas movies, going out to see Christmas lights and baking. I don't want to be fighting crowds or rushing around wrapping presents etc.

Olga said...

I like to shop early, but there is no chance of being finished by the first of September. If I am 90% done by Thanksgiving, I am happy.