Thursday, April 15, 2010

I went to the doctor yesterday and got a cortisone shot in the hip.  It didn't hurt a bit which makes me wonder if it will work.  You know...the no pain no gain?  My doctor is the cutest young girl, I have socks older than she is, but she's really sweet and quite the talker.  She gives me a run for MY money.  Both of my daughters see her as well and Dr. A. told me yesterday that she finally figured out that they were two different people.  Anyway, we discussed the looming knee replacement but I'm not ready to go there yet.  I'll do shots and anything short of surgery for awhile yet.  I've had so many orthopedic surgeries that I'm just not anxious to go under the knife again.  I'll do it when the pain gets to be too much or I just can't walk but I'm not there yet.  Right now I'm just trying to get the hip bursitis taken care of first.  What a pain in the @#$% literally!

I was hoping for good weather this weekend but there is talk of rain.  That's probably OK if we want those May flowers.  In fact, I need to get to the nursery and figure out what I want to plant in the window boxes.  I can't wait for the grass to green up and flowers to bloom.  I could wait awhile before mowing starts but I think the time has come.  Spring and fall....my two favorite seasons!

3 comments:

kenju said...

My two favorites also!

I really need to know if and when you get relief. I am looking at the possibility of the same thing before too long and I'd be really interested if you get relief. I hope so!

oklhdan said...

Kenju, I'm actually feeling better today. I could feel a difference today walking. I'm almost afraid to get too excited but so far so good!

Arkansas Patti said...

Know how you feel about waiting till the last minute. So far glucosamine and chondroitin have kept me mobile.
You haven't mowed yet? I finished my 3rd mow yesterday.