Saturday, October 24, 2009

The garage sale is in full swing (I am not participating) there are too many females over there already. I had hoped to get Ron inspired to let go of some of his parent's things but nope.... He just can't bare to change anything in the house. It's neat as a pin and just like his mother left it some 25 years ago. Oh well! It's his home and he has the right to do whatever he likes with it.

I made everyone a huge pot of chili last night and took it over there while they were setting up for the sale. There were about 5 of my daughter's fellow teachers and they were all having so much fun. I love to listen to a bunch of giggling girls. It reminds me of when the girls were younger and at home. It seems we had slumber parties every other weekend.

I just finished my 30 minutes on the bike and ready to start my day. I really want to get out and do something fun this weekend so I'd better get the chores done now.

3 comments:

kenju said...

I would be right there in the middle of that garage sale! I love going to them and having them.

Olga said...

My husband is also reluctant to change anything, but he has started to sell some stuff on e-bay--I guess when he realized I would put it all in a garage sale marked "fill a bag for a buck" if he left it to me. He is so neat and organized that most times when he is packing up sold items I have no idea where it came from, so I don't complain about his collections.

Arkansas Patti said...

Garage sales are the best places to people watch and meet your neighbors. A lot of work but great fun.
Enjoy.