Friday, May 1, 2009

Well, my great niece Sophie didn't make it through the whole night. I picked her up at school and then we met my daughters for dinner at the Olive Garden. She was the perfect 11 year old, polite and sweet. After dinner we went to my house where she did her homework and then we watched tv for awhile. About 9:45 we went to bed. Sophie in my daughters old room and me in my room on the other side of the house. About 11:30 the phone rings and it is Sophie's dad calling from the fire department where he is a captain. He told me Sophie had text him from the other room and told him she was scared! He couldn't talk her into waking me up so he told her he was coming to pick her up. I guess that made Sophie mad but he came anyway. Soooooooo I guess I have a scary house :) I remember doing the same thing when I was a kid. Sophie would have probably been fine if her sister had been with her but Chloe had a late softball game so she didn't come. We'll have to try again sometime......I kind of liked having a little girl in the house again.

1 comment:

kenju said...

When my parents lived here in the same town for a while, my daughter, who was about 8 at the time, wanted to spend the night at their home. About 11pm, my mom called and said "come and get her" and I had to drive there and pick her up. She missed me, she said.....LOL