Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A hail storm just flew over and at first I thought I heard the clatter of tiny reindeer on the roof. Nahhh it was hail. What a surprise! Pretty good size hail. It was the size of those giant marbles I remember as a kid. I can't remember what they were called. Anyway.

I've been collecting names for awhile. Every time I hear an interesting name I write it down. Some names just sound like a children's book, such as Octavia Trueheart. Don't you just love that name? She is actually the neighbor of a friend of mine and I love her name. Sounds English. She just belongs in a book. When I was a kid I knew a family of Schwartz....their 2 children were Hankalashane Schwartz and Mortimer Schwartz, there was Howard, Harvey, Harry and Holly Haynes. Kids I baby sat when I was a teenager. I also collect the names of streets or roads if they sound interesting. Possum Walk Road is in Vadalia Missouri. I just loved the sound of it. Now, if I would just sit down and write some stories. I'm going to start with Octavia Trueheart!

1 comment:

kenju said...

I collect names too - most of mine are funny (if only to me). I went to school with a girl named Gwendolyn Gearheart.