Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's amazing that 97 degrees seems like a cool front. It sure beats the heck out of 106. It's been down right Africa hot around here. I've been watering the yard like crazy just trying to keep it alive. Now the contrast from outside to inside is drastic. My office is like a refrigerator and I have to bundle up with long sleeves and a sweater all day. Then I leave at the end of the day and the heat hits you the minute you walk out the door and I start thawing on the way to the car. Oh well...I'd rather be a little cold than hot. I still can't believe it is August already! I usually have all my Christmas presents purchased by this time. Not so this year. I don't even have any ideas. All I can think of are things I want! I want a new set of stainless steel flatware for some reason. I have a bunch of miss matched utensils but I'm the only one using them so what does it matter? Don't know but what the heck... I also want a new stove that has gas burners and an electric oven. Why? I don't know. It's now like I cook that much. I also want a refrigerator with a bottom freezer drawer. I hate my side-by-side because the sides are too narrow. I think the new double doors on top and drawer on the bottom is soooooo smart. Do I need one? No, but I want one. So, if you are listening Santa, I've been reasonably good this year (at least so far) and would be much beholding if you'd at least give my request some consideration. You know where the key is so feel free to

2 comments:

Megan said...

Cross your fingers that we actually get the rain they are promising tomorrow and Friday. We haven't been watering so I am hoping the yard holds out.

The new fridge that Brad and I got has a freezer drawer on bottom. I love it! While I think we might of actually lost space in the fridge part, it just seems so much more usable. You need to come demo it before you make your purchase!

oklhdan said...

Thanks....I'm anxious to see your house~