Of the two types of love I can say that at this time in my life we don’t have time for the petty stuff. We just appreciate holding hands and being together. The hard stuff is over…..our children are raised and we are nearing the end of our working lives. We have all the time in the world for one another. We don’t sweat the small stuff and we’ve experienced just enough heartache to be grateful for what we have. I believe him when he says he isn't thinking about anything. (I get it now) I now know that there are a million ways a man can tell you he loves you without uttering a word.
1. When he locks the door on his way out of the house. (he's protecting me)
2. When he makes sure that he is on the outside as you walk down the street. (he's protecting me)
3. When he does chores around the house without being asked. (This is huge to any woman)
4. When he scrapes the window of my car or fills it with gas so I don't have to get out in the cold.
5. Every time he opens a door for me.
All these things make me feel valued and loved. If young men just knew that they would have very happy wives and very happy lives!